Thursday, March 17, 2016

My Daith Experience

After getting my daith piercing exactly one week ago today, and after getting a few requests for "updates" I had this wild idea to start a blog or journal of my experience to share with my friends-or maybe even the world. So, here we go.

Just a little background. When I had my first child in 1996, I was given an epidural that didn't go quite as planned. While receiving the epidural I felt a numb feeling on the entire right side of my body. Eventually the feeling came back, but  I was left with a spinal headache. For those of you that do not know what this is, it was described to me as an anesthesia based "headache" that only happens to 1 in 99 of people. Unfortunately I fell into the 1 category. It was NOT a good experience at all. I had to have 2 blood patches to correct the problem, and every since then have had terrible headaches/migraines. As it turned out in later years, both of my children-both daughters-also inherited these migraines. My oldest daughter, who is almost 20, and I have been reading up on and checking into information on the daith piercing since December 2015. For her spring break this year, we decided its time-after many headaches and migraines. So....last Thursday, March 10th, we took the plunge and went to our local tattoo and piercing parlor. And here's where my/our story begins.

Day 1-Thursday-the actual day of piercing. The piercing itself was not too horrific at all. I am terrified of needles and was dreading this process the worst. Other than the intense pressure of the needle being pushed thru my daith, the piercing took all of 10 minutes and then it was over. For me, there really wasn't any after effects! The piercing was just a bit sore when I cleaned it later that afternoon, but thats it.

Day 2-Friday. My family and I attended the Garth Brooks concert in Raleigh, NC. I took a quick bathroom break and had "that" feeling of a migraine coming on. The burning sensation at the back of the left side of my head feeling. By the time I got back to my seat the sensation had already dissipated! A few minutes after sitting in my seat my daughter who had the piercing done the same time I did, says to me "you may not believe this, but I've had the feelings of a headache twice, but they immediately went away"! I then told her of the burning onset of a migraine that went away only a few minutes earlier. I think we both were at a loss for words. Today my piercing site was a bit tender and sore, especially with cleaning.

Day 3-Saturday. Due to getting home late/early and waking up "early", I woke up with a headache.I got my bed made and my bathroom break and made my way to the kitchen cabinet to grab some Excedrin Migraine-only to have it hit me that the "headache" had already gone away!

Day 4-Sunday. Nothing to report on this day. No headache is a good day. :) The piercing site is still a bit tender, but not unbearable at all.

Day 5-Monday. Still nothing to report. :) The piercing site is alot better! I have managed to "wiggle" the earring used for the piercing and cleaning was a breeze. :)

Day 6-Tuesday-Again, still nothing to report. No pain, no headaches and no sick feelings.

Day 7-Wednesday-Still no headache/migraine. The piercing site is hardly sore at all.

Day 8-Thursday-Its been exactly 1 week since our piercing and I'm elated that we did it! I have been pain free-headache/migraine free for 1 week now! I'm still so afraid to say I'm in the clear, but its definitely going my way. :)

Day 9-Friday-One week and one day so far headache free. No headaches and no migraines. Not even a "tinge" of one since the piercing. :) Keeping my fingers crossed.

Day 10-Saturday-today was a crazy busy day. I went literally all day without eating. Normally, this is  one of my triggers for migraines. Not today. Headache free still.

Day 11-Today the weather was very cold and yucky...again, normally I will have a headache on days like this. But not today. :) Again, headache/migraine free.

Day 12-Monday...that says it all. BUT no headache. :)

4 comments:

  1. If you had to guess...

    Which of these points do you press to relieve a your Migraine?

    Or to Lower Cholesterol?

    To reduce pain From Arthritis?

    Or to reduce High Blood Pressure?

    Find out here: How To Reduce Pain Migraine?

    Best rgs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get your piercing performed? Is there a specific spot on the daith for the piercing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s obvious some patients with HIV are being enslaved to the antiviral and other supplementary Orthodox medicine just to help suppress the virus and not cure it permanently. I have been with the virus for years until I was introduced by a  friend who also narrated her story online on how she was cured of Genital Herpes after using Dr James Herbal Mix Medicine.  I was cured of HIV/AIDS after the usage of strong herbal mix medicine Dr, James prepared for me. All thanks to  Dr James, for healing me. I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and roots and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. I wonder why people still spend their money on surgery, injections and drugs each time they are sick. Natural herbs can cure all kinds of illness including ALZHEIMER'S DISEASES, Lyme disease, Bipolar, Rosacea,Psoriasis/ Shingles, Lupus, Parkinson's disease, Schizophrenia, Cancer’s, Bladder Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Breast Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Leukemia, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Fibromyalgia, syndrome Fibrodysplasia, Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease, Diabetes, Celiac disease, Antipathy, Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease, Adrenocortical carcinoma. Asthma, Allergic diseases. Hiv_ Aids, Herpes, Inflammatory bowel disease, COPD, Diabetes. herpes, Cancer, Vaginal burning, diabetics, asthma, EBV, HIV, hepatitis, Enlargement, etc. I've seen it with my own eyes. I was Cured of HIV and my aunt and her husband were cured of Cancer by  the same Dr James who uses natural herbs and roots extracts to cure different kinds of illness. Even Dr James proved to the whole world countless times that natural herbs can cure all kinds of diseases, and he cured countless people using natural herbs. I know it is hard to believe but am a living testimony. He prepared the herbal mix medicine and sent it to me through SPEED POST COURIER  SERVICES and I took it as he instructed. MORNING AND EVENING FOR 15DAYS, 7days later after the usage of his herbal mix medicine, I went to the hospital to do a checkup, the results came out, and I was NEGATIVE. There is no harm in trying herbs, it will  cure you of any diseases you are suffering from, so why don't you give herbs a try and see its effectiveness. Dr James herbal mix medicine it's easy to drink with no side   Contact Dr James on his Email .... greatcureman@gmail.com....INFO@drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com .AND GET RID OF YOUR DISEASES.

    ReplyDelete